Saturday 8 January 2011

Segmenting the Audience

The name of my newspaper is "Bromley Sport". The idea is to produce a free paper containing non biased articles based around local sport in Bromley. The age of the audience that i will be targeting will be between the ages between 16-20. The reason for this choice is that i can closely relate to this age group. The Gender that i will be targeting for my newspaper is both female and male, so that i dont favour one gender over the other and will also allow me to gain readership from both genders. The social and economic background of my readers will between the categories C1-E. The parents of my readers are likely to be educated at GCSE and A level standard but haven't reached university level. The readers themselves are likely to be applying for university places or starting a professional career. The educational background for my readers will be students and working class people between the ages of 16-20. The sporting stories used will be based around football, boxing and rugby. I have chosen to target my stories around these three sports because they will appeal to them the most. The status of my readers will be based around the working class and professional, this could indicate that the yearly income of the readers will range between high and low income. The paper itself will be free and therefore will depend mainly on advertisement.
My paper will be targeting a a younger audience. I will be looking at young peoples attitude, values and there lifestyles. The paper itself will be advertised by traditional sporting complexes such as 'Bromley My Time'. I will use adverts linked with this corporation due to it being a complex that my target audience will relate with.

No comments:

Post a Comment