Thursday 6 January 2011

Ideas For Brief

For my A2 work I have decided to create the first two pages of a newspaper. I have made this choice for a variety of different reason. Having created a magazine before I thought that I could use the skills I learnt from producing that piece to help me design and create the first two pages of a newspaper for my A2 work. I am also familiar with Photoshop and In design, two pieces of soft ware that I would use to create the two pages. Another reason choosing to produce the newspaper is that I don’t have much experience in filming and the software used to produce short films.

After looking into the newspaper market I have found out that there is a gap in the youth market and therefore the target audience I am going to target is the younger generation aged 15 – 21. I have chosen to target this audience due to there being a gap in the youth market for a newspaper.

I have looked at other newspapers such as the Bromley Times to see the conventions used within a paper, from my research I have found out about the layout and content used within a newspaper. Firstly the Bromley times included a Masthead area at the top of the page which contains the name of the paper, price and date, website details, a puff and a plug. Underneath the Masthead the Bromley times has included a Plug. A plug advertises gifts that the newspaper has to offer. Underneath the plug the lead story title is normally positioned here and is usually large and bold. Underneath the lead title there is a five-column layout which is a convention of newspapers. Within the five-column layout the columns contain the lead story and usually contains a jump line telling the reader that the story continues inside the paper. A picture for another story usually takes two of the columns up. Underneath the five-column layout there is usually adverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment